Why not indeed, and from that moment the plan for Why Not Games emerged. We are a collective of writers, illustrators, marketers, and more who just want to make games. Well, that and sell them to you. Also, play some games. Lots of games.Check out the website here.
We have a simple policy:
Games should be fun. Yet, games are more than simply entertainment. Playing games helps to build cognitive skills, especially critical thinking. You can also learn much about history, science, philosophy, and the entire spectacular universe we live in by playing games.
Any creative work, and this includes writing and drawing for games, has a message, a purpose beyond merely being fun or looking good. Ours certainly do, and we hope to spread liberty, equality, and fraternity with our games, and have fun while doing it.
Monday, July 3, 2017
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Cubicle 7 Entertainment has announced that several of its licensed properties are moving on to pastures new. Five games in all are affected : Ken Spencer’s Rocket Age, and the 7eme Cercle translations Qin: The Warring States, Kuro, Yggdrasill and Keltia. June 30th 2017 is the last day you will be able to order any of these books in print or PDF through Cubicle 7.This was posted on EnWorld on Friday. It continued on with this...
Rocket Age is returning to designer Ken Spencer and apparently an announcement about a new publisher for the game will be made shortly. There were apparently books in development (at what stage is unclear), including a rumoured Jupiter book, so it sounds like these will see the light of day with a new company. Rocket Age had been with published by Cubicle 7, using their Vortex house system designed originally by Dave Chapman for Doctor Who: Adventures in Time & Space for the last five years.See the rest of it in the link above.
There was a Facebook announcement from Ken stating that Rocket Age will, in fact, continue to be powered by the Vortex System.
So this appears to be wonderful news!I am happy to announce that I have acquired the Rocket Age IP from Cubicle 7. There will be an official announcement detailing where to go to purchase Rocket Age products, our new company, and such in a few days.A few things:
Rocket Age will continue to be published, though there is going to be a short transitionary period (a week or so) while we get set up. The existing products will be put back out for sale as soon as we can.
Rocket Age will continue to use the Vortex system.
There will be new content, and with more frequency than there has been in the past.For the first time as the owner, Rocket Rangers, Away!
Saturday, January 28, 2017
We've been exceptionally busy behind the scenes recently at C7, working hard on a number of very exciting things. Soon we'll be able to tell you some more about those! In the meantime here's something equally exciting for the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game: A sneaky peek at the cover to the forthcoming The Black Archive!
Monday, January 23, 2017
Almost four years later, I have completed the series and it feels pretty good. Cubicle 7 did a wonderful job creating each book with a great deal of love and care. Proud to have these on my shelf.
Here's the post that started it!
Friday, January 13, 2017
Monday, January 9, 2017
So you're the Gamemaster now?
Sitting in the Gamemaster's chair can be the most daunting job in roleplaying games. It is also the most rewarding. This book is here to help you get the most out of the experience.
The Gamemaster's Companion is a resource for you to use to run the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game, offering expert advice on creating scenarios in the style of the Doctor’s adventures. It’s a veritable toolbox of tips, tricks and techniques that you can use in your own games.
You’ll be using flashbacks, starting games in media res and ending your next session with a killer cliffhanger before you know it!
- Starting out – how to set up a new game, and advice on guiding your players through effective character creation.
- Adventures – an advice-filled exploration of the role of the Gamemaster, detailing plotting adventures, detailed, expert guidance on writing story arcs, and a gigantic random adventure generator.
- Villains and Monsters – a TARDIS-full of hints and tips on creating memorable villains and effective adversaries for your games.
- Settings – how to create them and how to get your players onboard.
- Running Games - guidance for keeping everyone happy, busy and engaged, with notes on pacing, foreshadowing, exterminating characters, people, places, planets and impossible places.
- Three new Doctor Who adventures – Death in Toytown, The Grip of the Kraken and The Bellagio Imbroglio.
“Hello. anyway, why don’t we stop and have a nice little chat where I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me, I don’t think.” - The Master, Utopia
Written by Morgan Davie, Mark Lawford, Andrew Peregrine, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan and Nathaniel Torson, the Gamemaster's Companion is a 160 page, full colour, hardcover.
Pre-order at our web store now: http://shop.cubicle7store.com/Doctor-Who-RPG-Gamemasters-Companion
Or grab the PDF: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/199893/Doctor-Who--The-Gamemaster's-Companion?affiliate_id=169435
Or pre-order at your local Bits and Mortar gamestore and get the PDF free.
Saturday, January 7, 2017
Welcome to the Victorian Age!
Paternoster Investigations takes your Doctor Who Roleplaying Game to the Victorian era: favourite haunt of the Doctor and home to the Paternoster Gang. Victorian London and the particulars of the age are laid out in all their varied splendours.
- A catalogue of all the Doctor’s on-screen visits to Victorian era.
- A tour of the Victorian era as a setting with notes on how to get the best from it in your games.
- Expert advice on constructing your own Victorian-era adventures and Paternoster Gang campaigns.
- A guide to Victorian London with both historical and alien locations.
- New traits, gadgets and devices for the Victorian age.
- A complete Victorian-era adventure: A Study in Flax.
- Character sheets for Victorian-era characters: Madame Vastra, Jenny, Jago and Litefoot, Jackson Lake, and more.